Monday, July 23, 2012

Asking a favour....or two

This post is pretty much for the local folks, but you can still read even if you don't live around here.

Don and I have started a business.  We are currently working on getting our Maryland Public Adjuster (PA) licenses.  I have to be honest, when the opportunity first presented itself I had never heard of a public adjuster.  So for those of you who were like me, here's the Reader's Digest explanation.  You know that guy from your insurance company who comes out to your house after something has happened to look things over and tell you how much your insurance company is going to give you?  Well, a public adjuster does the same thing EXCEPT we work in the interest of the homeowner, NOT the insurance company.  Truth is, insurance companies will rarely give you all the money you're entitled to per your policy.  They rely on the fact that very few homeowners ever read their policy or really understand what's in them.  That's where PA's come in.  We represent the homeowner in claims to their insurance company.  We know what's in the policy and we negotiate to make sure the homeowner receives all the money and services they're entitled to. 

There's a couple of other very important things we do.  First off we educate people about homeowners/renters insurance.  We explain what the types of insurance are and what types of coverage someone might or might not need. And second, we offer totally free reviews of homeowners/renters policies to educate them about what their policy really covers and maybe make recommendations about things they might want to add or delete from their coverage.


....and this is where the favour comes in.  Before you click off now let me say this.....the favour will cost you nothing but 30-60 minutes of  your time.  We come to your house so you don't even have to go anywhere.  And we are not selling ANYTHING.  And no, your house doesn't need to be all cleaned up and prettified for us to come.

One of the requirements for me is to complete some training reviews of homeowners/renters policies.  It would be me, my trainer...and probably Don...coming to your house to take a look over your policy and, if you wish, we will take a look at any damages you might have in your house (or personal property if you're a renter) to see if it is something your insurance coverage would pay to fix or replace.  Whether you want to file a claim is totally up to you. You're under no obligation to do anything.  

I'm looking to get my training reviews completed within the next couple weeks.  So, any of my Maryland friends interested in having a policy review done and willing to let me use them to learn on????  I would really appreciate it.  If you are willing to volunteer shoot me a message or send me an email.  usnbrat03@gmail.com   

No comments:

Post a Comment