Friday, September 27, 2013

An Open Letter to the American Public

Since I wrote a letter telling Congress (http://sxydork.blogspot.com/2013/09/an-open-letter-to-congress.html) what I thought of their job performance it seems only fitting I let everyone else know what I think about the current budget fight and very vocal viewpoints.

*WARNING* This will not be nice.  Some people may will be offended *WARNING*

Dear Fellow American,

It's nice to see so many involved and interested in what is going on currently with our government.  Wish it were like this all year.  

A number of you are very vocal about shutting the government down.  You've expressed how it would be a good thing, how it wouldn't have that big an impact on people, and how everyone should be for a shutdown because it would be good for the country.

Here's my response to this.

What arrogance!  I apparently missed the memo naming you God, able to determine for a large segment of the population that it's ok to take away their livelihood in the name of the greater good of the country.  Last time I checked I didn't elect any of you to represent me.  So who the hell do you think you are to decide what I can and can not afford to deal with financially?  Who the hell are you to decide it's no big hardship to take away my paycheck, especially those of you who aren't losing yours.

Tell you what, since you don't feel paychecks are important I'll make you a deal.  For each day of pay I lose from a shutdown you send me a day of your pay.  Seems only fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment