Monday, September 15, 2014

Catching Up

Hard to believe it's half way through September and summer is almost gone.  Can't say I'm sorry to see it go.  Some people have had a summer of fun, summer of excitement, summer of relaxation.  For me, it has been a summer of loss.  I've lost loved ones, friends, pets...even lost a friend because of losing a pet.  Toss in a hospital stay and bad news for a friend and it's been an emotionally brutal summer for me.

The bright spot in my summer has been returning to school and proving to myself I could not only manage work, school and home on my own but I could excel.  Well, at least at work and school.  The home front has taken a bit of a beating as far as house and yard work but I'm slowly getting those back to my acceptable levels.  I have 11 classes left to complete my BS.  It is a bit surreal for me to be so close after so many years of wanting this.  Of course, I'm already having the MS debate with myself.  I think it will end up coming down to the practicality of if I can afford to take on the cost of it.

My birthday present to me is a 40" flat screen TV.  It replaces my 22" tube TV.  Yeah, I've been a little behind the times when it comes to TVs but watching TV isn't a big deal for me.  Now I just have to figure out how to move the old TV out of the living room without giving myself a hernia.  Jeesh that thing is heavy.

My Navy brat roots have been kicking in lately with the moving bug.  For those who don't understand this, it's a common thing for kids who grew up moving constantly.  We have a tendency to continue that trend as adults, getting antsy after a few years in one spot.  I've been trying to combat it by making changes in the house, re-arranging rooms, new curtains, going to paint some walls.  What I really want to do is take a trip somewhere I've never been which in the US would mean just about anywhere east of the Mississippi River. 

I miss Shepherd a lot.  I miss the companionship.  But I've been resisting the urge to get another dog.  For now I simply don't need the added responsibility or expense no matter how much I want one.

So that's the highlights of my life for now.  Next school term starts Wednesday so I'll be super busy again.  Here's to an improved second half of 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment