Thursday, June 28, 2012

I didn't even get a kiss

Before I get in to my thoughts I wanted to clear up something.  The biggest reason I blog is because I LOVE hearing other people's thoughts and opinions whether they agree with me or not!  For me there are few things more enjoyable than a passionate and polite discussion of differeing views.  So feel free to comment.  Expand on my thoughts, correct me if you think I have facts wrong or explain why you feel differently.  Now, on with the show....

The government has done a wonderful job of screwing the American people the last weeks...I mean, more than they usually do.  Let's start with the Supreme Court since they're my next door neighbours at work.


They struck down the bulk of Arizona's immigration law.  This essentially tells States that, while the federal government is not going to uphold the laws, the States can't protect themselves either.  It seems they've also decided that it's ok to break civil law....as long as you're not an American or in the country legally.  Honestly, if I were the southern border states I'd be starting to ask myself at exactly what point do the costs outweigh the benefits to being tied to this government.


The Supreme Court also upheld the Healthcare legislation.  Yup, the government has taken over our health care.  It's only logical since they've done such a fabulous job managing so many other social programs, for example..........<insert chirping crickets here>................yeah, you get the idea.  The government being in charge of your health just gives you the warm fuzzies doesn't it.


They also decided campaign funding works just peachy the way it is.  Guess if you're a rich patron/corporation wanting to buy an election for your candidate this is true.


On a bright spot they didn't get it all wrong.  They did decide that minors can't be sentenced to life in jail without parole.  I fully believe children should be held accountable for their actions but I also believe their age and such needs to be considered.


The President has decided to let a bunch of illegals stay in the country.  I'm still really fuzzy about when the definition of illegal changed and when we started feeling a need to cater to them.


It's not just the federal government that has run amok, amok, amok (I can never say that word just once thanks to a certain movie).  Mississippi has passed one of the most horrendous laws regarding abortions.  They don't even try to sugar coat it.  They want to eliminate in their state the ability to get an abortion for any reason.  Again, I firmly believe in State's Rights but if you're going to legislate your religious views then you'd better legislate all of them.  When is Mississippi going to pass the law requiring all residents to financially support a widow or orphan?


While we're on the subject, Arizona has passed an abortion law establishing a woman can be pregnant before she even conceives!!!  Remind me not to drink the water if I ever visit Arizona.


Don't know about you but I've had enough governmental dysfunction so let's take a look at the lighter side of new laws from our wonderful government.


Utah has outlawed Happy Hour.  Seriously, if you're in Utah what's there to be happy about anyway??
It's now illegal in New York to sell or trade bear gallbladders. *blink* I really don't even know what to say about this...I have nothing.
Illinois has passed a law allowing motorcycles to run red lights if the light fails to change to green after a "reasonable length of time".  Really?????




 

No comments:

Post a Comment